The story of our lodge
The former mountain farm (Maso) was mentioned as such in the cadastral extracts of the municipality of Frassilongo available to us as early as 1840. The building, which was built with natural stones from the area in combination with many of the larch wood elements customary in the valley from the immediate area, probably already existed earlier.
Until the late 1970s, the farm was managed and inhabited by local farmers who kept their mountain goats and grew potatoes and vegetables on the site (In the local language Mòcheno: Tòttn). On the ground floor below today's access road; In the past there was only a narrow mountain path, the cattle were kept, on the upper floor, today at the level of the access road the peasant women lived and in the (Fienile, haystack under the roof) the hay was stored. In the following years the farm changed some owners until we took over some years ago.
Thereupon we completely restored it according to the rigid requirements of the local authorities without losing the charm of the original and typical valley building. Today the ancient courtyard shines in new splendor and thanks to you it helps to support local sustainable tourism.